[access-uk] Warning about AVG and other Anti-virus packages

  • From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blind-computing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blindtech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 15:07:11 +0100

Hi all,
I know this may sound blatently obvious, but I thought I'd warn you all,
thanks to a friend, that if your connection(s) are unstable, this may cause
whatever antivirus you're using to Fail. My friend had to do a reinstall of
AVG Free today after discovering that some of the components were in an
undetermined state, and it turned out that she had lots of viruses which AVG
failed to pick up before the reinstall. I do not want this to happen to you,
so this is why I'm sending the warning out. Thanks for reading!
Chris Hallsworth
Why not join my Blind Hobbyist mailing list! To join, send a blank message
to blind-hobbyist-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx