[access-uk] WLAN problems, help from Nokia

  • From: "Barbara Wilson" <barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 07:52:47 -0000

I have contacted Nokia re the WLAN problems on my phone. They say it is because
the router does not recognise the MAC address of my phone and have told me to
enter the MAC address of the phone into the router. However, they haven't told
me how to do this which I have to say is very helpful. Does anyone know what
they are talking about? Also, can this really be the problem? I've never seen
this on a phone before and surely I wouldn't have to do this with every router
I tried to connect to? I did speak to someone from Nokia yesterday and they
told me to reformat the phone. I did this but still no joy. I am thinking there
might be a problem and the phone might need to be returned to them. Could
anyone help me on this MAC thing as a last ditch attempt to get it working?

Barbara Wilson
M: 07917710779
T: 02887784046
E: barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx