[access-uk] Re: WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER

  • From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:39:04 +0100

Wendy, I have no problems using Windows Media Player, versions 10 or 11 (I currently have 11), with JAWS 8. Sorry about that. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Wendy Sharpe" <w.sharpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: "'UK access'" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2007 10:30 PM
Subject: [access-uk] WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER

I am having some problems with Windows Media Player, and would be glad of
any help.

When I launch Media Player, sometimes JAWS speech stops. I have discovered
that for some reason JAWS has been unloaded without my pressing insert F4
and ok. I have to press windows M and J to get JAWS back, and it sometimes
seems to take several goes to achieve this.

After using Media Player, when I go to the desktop, every press of a letter
key causes my PC to make one of its little sounds, rather like a bump.
Sometimes my selection is not spoken, so I just have to rely on the fact
that when I press O I am on Outlook. However, if several programs have the
same initial letter this can be a problem.

I have JAWS 6.1, Windows XP Home SP2, and the very latest version of Windows
Media Player.  Can anyone throw light on these little matters?

Many thanks.

Wendy