[access-uk] Re: WHICH MICROWAVE

  • From: Ian Macrae <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 16:45:35 +0100

Carol, I don't know how rewarding this would be, but I think it might be worth
having a little look on Ebay to see whether there are any of the LG talking
Microwaves still around out there.  I've had the one we use for getting on for
fifteen years and it's still going strong and reliably.  Yet another of those
mainstream products which, I guess, just didn't sell in sufficient quantities
to make them worthwhile for the manufacturers.

Ian Macrae
Editor
Disability Now
www.disabilitynow.org.uk<http://www.disabilitynow.org.uk/>
follow us @disabilitynow<https://twitter.com/DisabilityNow> -
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Disability-Now/448258551882688> and
sign up to our eNewsletter
here<http://www.disabilitynow.org.uk/newsletter-subscription>
Disability Now, 6-10 Market Road, London, N7 9PW

On 9 Jul 2014, at 16:39,
Carol.Pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Carol.Pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

We're sure our microwave will finally give up soon - he's started saying odd
things and needed powering off and on today to stop him saying "Door closed"!

Mike really wants another Cobolt microwave and there are only the two to choose
from.

First, how many of you think it's worth having the grill version? Second, if I
consider another model, without speech, what would you recommend? (Buttons must
beep, dials must click, I guess!)

I'm interested in any comments, please.

Carol P