[access-uk] Voicedream and Loader

  • From: David Griffith <daj.griffith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 09:28:06 +0000

This may be old news for some but I think the new Loader facility in Voicedream is absolutely brilliant, or at least it is new to me.

To use this feature you either need to have iCloud for Windows installed or a Mac with iCloud Drive setup. I assume you wil also need the latest update to Voicedream Reader.

On a PC if you have not already got it installed you will need to download iCloud Manager for Windows from Apple Downloads. Once you have iCloud Drive setup on your machines, on the Mac just press command shift Drive to show iCloud Drive and on Windows you will find iCloud Drive in your normal user folder on your C Drive.

You need to make a one time change in Voicedream Reader settings on your iOS device. Go into settings and check the box which says iCloud Sync.

Now if you want to add content ffrom either your PC or Mac into Voicedream just go to your iCloud Drive, find the Reader folder, and inside that you will find the Loader folder.

Into this just copy any audio books or ebooks that you want to load into voicedream Reader.

You can put multiple files in there, I believe in theory upto the capacity of your device.

Now open Voicedream Reader on your phone or iPad and after a short while you will find the eBooks or Audio Books loaded there ready for reading.

You do not have to manually sync or restart Voicedream. I have just copied an Audio book into the Loader Folder, went to my iPhone, where voicedream was already running and after a minute Voicedream had automatically downloaded and imported the file into my Book List.

This is how all Apple Programs should work and should sound the death knell for iTunes type data transfer.

It is a bit like using the Automatically add to iTunes folder for your music transfers to your phone or in my case iTunes Match.

The only note of caution is that like the automatically add to itunes folder there is no copy of the files preserved after they have been imported into your device.

This means if you want to preserve a copy of your material on your Mac or PC you should copy and paste into the folder rather than cutting and moving the material into your Loader Folder.

Personally I like this feature as you do not get a Loader folder cluttered up with media files and you will be provided with a blank folder. You will also know that if the folder is empty any material you have copied there has been imported into your iOS device.

Anyway I thought I should give  people a heads up for this new feature.

David Griffith
** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq