[access-uk] VoiceOver stutters after hanging up call when using speakerphone on iPhone 4 iOS 4.2.1

  • From: "Hussein Patwa" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 23:25:51 -0000

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone with an Apple iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2.1 could
offer any advice to fix the below before I get on to Apple?

I've noticed that VoiceOver stutters significantly to the point where it's
almost impossible to comprehend after hanging up a call, but only if
VoiceOver was used during the call.

Here's an example which I have replicated twice in two days:
1. Call Voicemail
2. Usually after a new message is played options are presented, e.g.
save/delete message, return call, etc.  In this case, I opt to save the
message.  I therefore remove the iPhone from my ear, hold it in front of me,
and then tap 0 to save the message.  During this time the speakerphone
engages, but VoiceOver can still be heard which allows me to tap the correct
option.
3. Complete the call and hang up.

Immediately after this point, VoiceOver stutters terribly whenever it
speaks.  Turning the speech off and on using a triple finger double tap
doesn't solve the problem.  The only way to resolve it is to restart the
phone.

I don't have any other apps running in the background, and have had this
twice as described in the last two days.  VoiceOver works fine after a call
if the speakerphone isn't engaged, i.e. if I just leave the phone against my
ear and don't move it or use VoiceOver during the call.

Is this a known bug with iOS or something I can fix myself?  The phone has
already been reset and restored twice.

My 14 days cooling off period expires on Monday so I'd like to get this
resolved before then.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

All the best for now and take care.