[access-uk] Re: Vista, think again

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 16:56:15 -0000

Joe, a very interesting link, if a somewhat lengthy read, smile.

I shall be looking with interest at what music recording magazines have to say
about this
Vista scheme of protection as you'd have thought that this sort of thing could
play havoc
with legit music and video creation.

In a vague sort of way, that leads me to think what I've thought for some time,
which is
that the real 'solution' is a political one, or one that involves politics and
international
agreements about levies and the like.  Early on in the article Joe links us to,
this area of
discussion is excluded given the technical focus of the article.

Seems that possibly a whole new era of draconian restriction awaits us, and I
wonder if it
could have any implications for access tech.  Is the new model of Vista access,
for
instance, linked to DRM issues in any way?  Or does MS really have our needs
for access to
the Vista interface at heart?

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at: