[access-uk] Re: Vista query

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 11:44:11 +0100

Hi Chris,

I assume the laptop in question is designed to run with
Vista.  If not specifically stated, then it would be more
than wise to run the Vista Upgrade Advisor first, or at the
very least contact the manufacturer to confirm or otherwise.

If he really insists on migrating to Vista, I would strongly
advise he gets sighted help.  It will re-boot from time to
time, and you may be left without speech.

I would also strongly advise that he at least ensures that
his Screen Reader is up to Vista support.

The XP Installation will be overwritten, but programs,
settings files, etc., should remain intact.

Oh yes, and he may wish to get in a supply of Vallium.
(Smile)

George.