[access-uk] Vista SP1

  • From: Douglas Harrison <harrison1d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 14:16:26 -0000

For the last ten days or so my laptop has been telling me that Vista SP1 is
available for download and is classed as an Important Update.  As I
understand it, the Updater will have checked that my hardware etc. is
compatible with the SP1 before it was offered.

However I am wondering how important it really is?  I am still on a dial up
connection and an update of over 400 mb could take around 18 hours to
download!  As I hope to switch to broadband in the not too distant future, I
wonder whether the SP1 could be left in abeyance at present.
I remember that Microsoft provided XP SP2 free of charge on CD, but I can
find no indication of  Vista SP1 being available in that way.

Comments, particularly from anyone who has already taken the plunge,
would be much appreciated.

Douglas

--

Douglas Harrison