[access-uk] Re: Visiting The UK Website & Sim Recommendations

  • From: "Hussein Patwa" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 00:30:20 +0100

Hi,

Not at all, I?m off to see relatives the other side of the planet ? just
weird how coincidences happens.  Then again, it?s a small world.

I don?t know if you could negotiate something, but could O2 Ireland not do
you a deal with O2 UK?  The only reason I say this is because a couple of
years back I was in the Netherlands for a while.  I?m with T-Mobile UK and
we did a cross deal with T-Mobile NL to what effectively came down to
discarding all my roaming costs and data charges whilst I was there.  It was
not a deal they offered publically, just something I spent a fair bit of
time negotiating with several offices and in several languages to boot.

Having said that, roaming prices are set to come down again soon.  Also,
note that from 1 July an EU regulation is supposed to take effect which will
bar charges being levied for people leaving you voicemail whilst you're
roaming.  You'll still have to pay to retrieve them though.

LOL, for some reason I had it in my head you were coming over from New
Zealand.  I wonder where that came from?

_______________________________________
Have a pleasant day,

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Hussein.