[access-uk] Victor reader problem with Audible

  • From: "Amro Bilal" <amro_bilal@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 22:40:00 +0100

Hi everyone,

I'm having a problem with my Victor reader and Audible books after upgrading to
the latest software version 2.0. I would like to see if someone else can
replicate this problem  on their reader.

The problem happens only after I'm 5 hours and 25 minutes through a book. I've
tested it with three different Audible books using the go to time feature.
Before the 5 hours and 25 minutes landmark everything works as it should!

Basically, if I try to forward through an Audible book, the reader hangs and I
have to restart it by removing the battery or it just switch itself off. The
rewind button doesn't behave as it should either. Although rewinding doesn't
cause the reader to hang, but the reader now rewinds in disproportionate big
leaps rather than going backward 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes and so on.

I have only tested this with Audible books and no other formats, and again,
this issue only occurs after 5 hours and 25 minutes through any given book.

I'd be interested to know if someone can reproduce this problem on their Victor
with Audible or any other formats? I contacted Humenware and they're looking
into it but they said that they hadn't heard any other reports of this issue
from other Victor users.

Thanks for any feedback.

Amro