[access-uk] Re: Verdict on iPhone 6 Plus

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 13:48:37 -0000

Hi Saqib.

Whilst the larger screen wouldn't present a problem for me as I use an iPad as well as an iPhone, I don't need the ultra high definition display that the 6+ comes with. I might be tempted as you say when and if prices come down, but I'm staying with Giffgaff at the moment as they offer me unlimited 3G data which is more suited to my usage as I'm always online with my phone and use data intensive apps. I carry with me an external battery pack so that pretty much eliminates the extra battery capacity issues and I've never needed or benefited from the camera for taking video or photos. In short my iPhone 5S works well for me at the moment though opinions are always valued here.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: Saqib Hussain
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2014 12:47 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Verdict on iPhone 6 Plus

Hi. Yes but I can always find these phones on Amazon and they will
cost up to £60 less than RRP as I did this when the iPhone 5S came
out. I waited until Around March and the priced dropped from £529 to
£480  and even less by June. It's just a question of needs and wants.
One doesn't necessarily need a phone like that if they are blind but
my need for something like that is because of the larger screen. I've
heard a few people stating that they prefer a smaller screen size as
it better meets their orientation needs when it comes to touch typing
as you can build up that mussel memory and it takes time to master and
then you have to go through with training your memory again for the
larger display.

On 27/10/2014, Ibrahim Gucukoglu <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
It can be had on O2 for 48 quid if you're happy to go for a poxy 2GB data
plan. Personally, I'd get through 2GB of 4G data in half a day if not less,

but because I live in Peterborough where O2 doesn't have 4G coverage, there

really isn't much point.  Also, you're looking at forking over a hefty
deposit for the phone though you can pay more over the lifetime of the
contract if you want to keep your upfront costs down. I totally agree with

you re contract pricing, but a lot of people can't afford the phone upfront

pricing, so the networks have you by the balls metaphorically speaking if
you want the latest phones, and who doesn't?

All the best, Ibrahim.