[access-uk] Re: VISTA and recording with GoldWave

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 21:08:38 -0000

Andy, very likely it is Vista that's stopping you recording streaming
audio, though in the final analysis I won't be catagorical about this.
It is set up, as I understand it to stop you doing just this.  Some
machines from Dell and other manufacturers are competely closed boxes
for audio purposes too.

This said, programs such as Replay AV and now I think Total Recorder,
have got around this limitation, which I think absolutely stinks.

What's more the sellers of these programs say their's nothing ilegal
in what their programs do.

This is a big reason why I won't go near Vista at present, though it
is hard to believe that if you buy a computer set up for audio use
that this horrible crippling would not be overridden.

This is something Microsoft has to rethink.

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx