[access-uk] Re: VISTA Re-Visited

  • From: "Andy Collins" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 10:40:59 -0000

Hi Andy -

I have been using my new Vista laptop for a few weeks now, and really like
it; you can set it up to look like XP, but I like it as it comes!

It works fine with Winamp and the bbc Iplayer.

If it's going to be your main machine, then you need to think about the
hardware you might want to hook up to it, such as printers/scanners, as
these most likely will need their drivers updated, and I imagine not all of
the older peripherals will be driver upgradeable to Vista. I'm experiencing
this myself at the moment, I have a Lexmark Z65 printer, and  although I've
checked the Lexmark website, can't seem to find a Vista driver for it; the
same seems to be the case for my Epsom 3170 scanner, both machines are only
about 4 years old!

For listening to music, I do what Jackie does, and the sound on my HP
Pavilion is excellent, pretty good just from it's own little speakers too!

HTH -

Andy