[access-uk] Re: VISTA Re-Visited

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 16:01:20 -0000

Hi again George.

Yes, I have the SoundBlaster Live 24 bit external card, with one optic out. Good news that it will work, but I was actually thinking of also upgrading to the SoundBlaster Platinum, which has an optic out as well as in. This means that not only can I play all my media through my AV unit, I can also record AD movies, which may be on Channel 5.

The more I look into the question of moving onto VISTA, whilst listening to demos from Rick Harkman, the more I really fancy moving on. I've already had a look at PC World and like the look of the Hewlett Packard N9090, and perhaps, if I'm really nice - that's, much nicer than usual, Pauline may consider driving me up to Glasgow tomorrow to have a look see. But really nice is making the tea and cleaning up as well as being cheery all night and more!

Best wishes.
Andy.

----- Original Message ----- From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>