[access-uk] VIRUS/SKUMWARE QUERY - DRIVING KEITH BARRETT AND ME MAD!

  • From: "Richard Godfrey" <Richard.Godfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access-Uk@Freelists. Org" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 08:16:03 +0100

Both Keith and I have something similar on our systems which prevents us
from opening applications etc.  I have scanned with AVG, Spybot and Stinger,
all of which report nothing found for me.  Ad aware reports finding one
critical object;  I send this to quarantine and the system works fine then
till I reboot.  This is the first time I've had anything so persistent on my
system, and frankly I don't know where to go or what to do now.  We haven't
done any unsafe computing like sharing discs, but have both recently
enrolled at the local College, and been given material on a floppy.
Please could someone knowledgeable get us out of this!  This has certainly
convinced me that I need the best security available for my system, and
recommendations as to what's the most appropriate JAWS-friendly software to
use would also be appreciated.
Richard Godfrey
Telephone: +44 (0) 1656-657516
Office 01656-643146
Can't get through?  try mobile 07791-452593

---
---