[access-uk] Re: VCR Recommendation Sought

  • From: "David Russell" <david.russell8@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 19:26:40 +0100

Caroline

The talking VCR you mention was sold on the QVC shopping channel.  It did
talk, up to a point, but was not a particularly good machine.  I had one,
but it blew up, almost literally, at the end of last year.  My local Dealer
tried to get a replacement, but without success.  I cannot remember the name
of the manufacturer, but it was a fairly popular make.  I would not
particularly recommend it.  I now have a JVC machine which is okay, but is
not particularly blind-friendly.  However, I do have the Cobolt talking
remote control, which works pretty well, although there is no facility on
the remote for changing the tape speed.  It does work with many of the
popular machines.

Not sure that this is particularly helpful, but I cannot really recommend
the talking VCR even if you can get one, which is unlikely.

David