[access-uk] Re: VAT Exemptions Apple Products

  • From: George Bell <George@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 15:43:15 +0000

Hi Niamh,

As someone with more expertise in VAT than  the rest of us, I have to comment.

You analogy appears to be quite logical - up to a point.

However, it's fairly clear that VAT officers themselves have varied ideas on
how the "rules" apply.

We have been told for example, that VAT can only be Zero Rated on a screen
reader, not a laptop supplied with it installed.  And yet in the same town,
another VAT Officer has approved Zero Rating for the package.

So what's the rule if say NVDA is installed - which is free anyway?

George.