[access-uk] Re: VAT Exemptions Apple Products

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 09:41:42 -0000

Hi,

I do to a point, but only if the invoice to me from the supplier specifies
all of them as separate items.  If it is there as a bundle and not broken
down, then it may be possible to get away with it.

We usually charge VAT on the monitor etc, and like you say, laptops are
completely exempt.

Personally, and don't shoot me, it is only a personal opinion, I wish VAT
exemption would completely go away.  Why should we get VAT exemption on a
screen reader, but sighted people don't on a monitor?

I accept that screen readers are traditionally more expensive but now that
NVDA is in the mix, it is easy to get a good screen reader for free, but it
could be argued that a sighted person can't get a monitor for free.  Again,
I am not speaking as a retailer but as little old me.

All the best

Steve

--
Computer Room Services