[access-uk] Re: VAT Exemptions Apple Products

  • From: "Niamh" <niam.mckeown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 00:28:10 -0000

Hi Brian,
Just to add to that, it is a little bit mad, because as I read the regs Laptops would be entirely exempt, but with a desktop a separate monitor, external keyboard and mouse would still pay VAT.
I love to know if Steve Nut interprets the regs the same way?
Also I still don't know why the RNIB charge VAT on mobile phones they sell with talks and similarly the freeview boxes. I have been having a very wicked thought about apple products, which I will try out on a pal who is a real wiz on vat and then share it with the list.Niamh ----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Cairnie" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxx>