[access-uk] Re: Using the iPhone as a Talking clock radio

  • From: "Barry Hill" <barry.hill3@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 07:38:09 +0100

I thought of that, Steve, but I would be woke up by the vibration alerts
with the mute switched on.

Cheers

Barry

From: Barry Hill <barry.hill3@xxxxxxx>
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, 25 June 2015 18.10

Thanks for your quick replies, all.

Well, eBay, cobalt, the RNIB, and Amazon don't sell one as far as I can
find. Plenty of talking clocks, but I want a talking clock radio. I
think, as you say, Jackie, I will have to use my iPhone. I might treat
myself to another charging pad, and I've already got a Bluetooth speaker.

The only slight drawback is getting alerts in the night if I forget to
put it into airplane mode. Still, the bonus is that I can listen to
iPlayer if I wake at stupid o'clock.

Thanks anyway, all.

Cheers

Barry