[access-uk] Using Window-Eyes 9.1 and Easyjet

  • From: "Jackie Brown" <jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'BCAB Discussion List'" <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 10:43:09 -0000

Apologies for cross-posting, but I thought this might interest people.

Until yesterday, I was never able to go to
www.easyjet.com
and book a flight on my own using any screenreader.  But we discovered that
Window-Eyes 9.1 now lets you do this without sight!

I can't tell you how pleased I was to be able to do this myself.  While my
son has never minded helping me, I always felt frustrated not to be able to
access the various entry fields on my own.  Even the iOS app isn't properly
accessible, so it was with a great sense of achievement that I booked a
flight and paid for it unaided.  The difficulty with this website is that it
updates all the time, and makes it very hard to enter text and add your
chosen flight to the basket.

This is why having more than one screenreader is so useful and almost a
necessity these days.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Emails: thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx