[access-uk] Using Siri to call three digit numbers

  • From: "Barry Hill" <barry.hill3@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 21:28:07 +0100

Hi all

For some reason, Siri won't call three digit numbers, even if they are in
your contacts list. For example, you can't tell Siri to call 195 or
directory enquiries even if you have it in contacts under 'directory
enquiries'. For 195, I've found a work around. It needs to be an 11 digit
number for Siri to dial it, so I edited the number to dial in my directory
enquiries contact by adding eight zero's at the end, so it is now
19500000000. Now, when I tell Siri to call directory enquiries, it puts me
through no problem.

I don't know if I need to do the same for 111 for NHS direct, 101 for
non-emergency police, and I really hope I don't need to do it for 999.

Cheers

Barry

---