[access-uk] Re: Using SCART connectors on various devices

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 09:20:52 +0100

Hi Darren

We've solved it by ensuring the excess cabling is tied tightly and not left
hanging.  I agree they are very bulky, ugly contraptions, but this method
definitely works better for us because it avoids messing about with one
device on HDMI, and another on SCART.  I'm not paying for a Sky box just to
have HD like the TVonics.  We only use Sky for its FreeSat channels,
particularly AD on 993 as sometimes Ulster doesn't put it out on Freeview.

I'm a happy bunny with the new box, and am getting to grips with the remote
control and recording etc now I have the connections going.  It confused me
for a time because jumping between HDMI and SCART had to be done manually,
and I got no audio feedback while pressing the button to skip.

Oh well, good stuff! I am looking forward to the Freeview signal increasing
once analogue is switched off here in October as it breaks up quite a lot,
another reason why I use the Sky DigiBox.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns