[access-uk] Re: Using Find in firefox

  • From: Chris Hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 10:00:17 +0000

To find with Firefox 3 under JAWS 9, use ctrl+insert+f.

Chris Hallsworth
e-mail and Facebook: christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266

On 29/01/2010 09:57, Damon Rose wrote:
Hi there.

I'm running jaws 9 and trying to use the find function in Firefox 3.0

Hitting insert H gives me generic help functions leading me to believe
I'm not running any jaws scripts which are firefox specific.

It seems to largely work but the very helpful control F doesn't seem to
take me to the  words I want to be taken to. And insert A, for instance,
doesn't give me the address. Should it?

Any help, specifically on the Find function, much appreciated.

And note that being as I'm at work, I have no choice but to run these
versions of jaws and firefox at the moment so can't upgrade.

Damon Rose
Senior Content Producer bbc.co.uk/ouch
BBC Vision Learning

Tel: 020 8752 4427 (x0224427)
email: damon.rose@xxxxxxxxx

Have you heard the award-winning Ouch Podcast yet? A razor sharp
disability talk show presented by Mat Fraser and Liz Carr:
www.bbc.co.uk/ouch/podcast

http://www.bbc.co.uk/
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on
it and notify the sender immediately.