[access-uk] Using 2 Sound Cards

  • From: "Pele West" <pele.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 15:31:12 +0000

Hi Everyone

I know this topic has been covered before, but I was not interested and so did
not keep any relevant messages.

I am using JAWS 7.10 and am keen to play it through a different sound card so
that music and JAWS come through different speakers.  I have searched for
information on the Internet and have tried changing the JFW.ini file.

I have a USB sound card which I am using for music and a Soundblaster Live that
I want to use for JAWS.  I also have a sound card on the machine's
motherboard, but it appears to be disabled.  Is there a way of enabling it.

Are there any conflicts that can occur if the sound card on the motherboard and
an internal sound card are both enabled?

Can anyone advise me?

Pele West