[access-uk] Re: Uses for Bluetooth and GPS equipped mobile phones

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2008 23:05:42 -0000

Hi Dave,

That would be a big security hole in my view.  If you are asked if you want
to download something by Bluetooth and you don't know it is going to come,
don't accept it.  It could be a Symbian or Windows Smart Phone virus.  I
have had that very thing happen to me on a train, when I left Bluetooth on
once by accident.  I said no to the connection, but I sure wouldn't like
this method to be widely adopted.  It could encourage all kinds of malice,
and Bluetooth isn't secure anyway.  I even heard of a program that can
hijack all your contacts from your phone, just because you left Bluetooth
on.

All the best

Steve