[access-uk] Urgent Messenger issue!

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 20:39:56 +0100

Hi all,
Has anyone experienced the sudden loss of all your contacts when using
Messenger? I've been using Messenger for the past five years, with no
problems, and now today, I signed in, and guess what happened? All my
contacts are gone, and Messenger reports that due to a connection
problem, any changes may not apply to other computers, or something like
that. This is devastating news for me, and now I don't know what to do.
I've tried all possibilities, to the point of recovering my laptop, and
still no luck. I use a LAN internet connection which requires proxy
authentication. This issue has only just happened.
Thanks for help regarding this serious issue.
--
  Christopher Hallsworth
  chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx