[access-uk] Urgent! Laptop news

  • From: "Christopher Hallsworth" <chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 22:54:12 +0000

Hi all,
It has been brought to my attention that my friend Hannah's laptop has
been compromized due to the wireless network at her college being
shared. It has got to the point now that she can't connect to the
wireless network due to some Windows files being missing or corrupted.
We've been advised not to use AVG in the forceable future, and to use
Mcafe instead. However, I've heard that Nod32 has some good protection.
I appreciate that it's not a firewall, however what can Nod32 provide
for her that AVG won't in terms of preventing things like this from
happening again?
As this is quite serious, she will need to recover her laptop, however
we don't need any help from this; just advice on what Nod32 (or better)
can provide that will prevent this from happening again.
Thanks for your help, and I look forward to hearing from you.
Christopher Hallsworth
E-mail: chrishallsworth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name chrishallsworth7266