[access-uk] Re: Urgent - Help to Start-Up Laptop Windows 7

  • From: "Barry Toner" <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 20:25:02 +0100

Eleanor,

When the Laptop boots.  There's a Boot Menu that will appear.  It's hard to
give you exact instructions without knowing the system , from the point of
not being able to see the screen.  I would wait maybe about 15 seconds and
press 1, followed by enter.  Give it 3 seconds then try this again.  If
you're lucky this will boot you into Normal mode.

I can do this on my machines because I am used to their noises, boot times
etc.

You can hit alt y for yes, and alt n for no on the User Account Control
(UAC).  Which is most likely what the prompt is about.

Regards,

Barry.