[access-uk] Updating phone firmware and getting Talks back

  • From: "Sunil" <bosley20@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 20:43:47 +0100

Hi, I'm tearing my hair out so hope someone can out. I want to transfer the
Talks files from my PC to the memory card for my phone so that when I put
the card into the phone and turn it on Talks will start speaking. Is this
possible and if so, where do I need to put the files on the card?

I backed my phone up, updated the firmware and restored the files again. But
trying to reinstall Talks has been a harrowing experience. First tried doing
it via PC Suite. But when it got to the part of the installation where you
complete it on the phone I think the message said something like Talks can
not be supported and the process just stopped. Tried bluetoothing the files
to the phone and when I hit enter on the sis file I got a similar message
and the process stopped. Can't remember the exact message. Now I don't know
how to get Talks back and just feel helpless without a talking phone. I set
the correct date and time after the firmware was updated with sighted help.
Thanks in advance for any help...cheers