[access-uk] Updating Skype

  • From: Paul Warner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2014 11:02:47 +0100

Finally managed to get the latest version of Skype installed and to stay installed. This time, after removing Skype 6.10 using Revo Uninstaller, I rebooted before launching the Skype installer.

Previously, although Revo had uninstalled Skype 6.10 and removed it from the list of programs in Control Panel, I found that Control panel mysteriously reinstated reference to the older version after I rebooted.

So, if you can't uninstall your older version of Skype, use Revo but then reboot before you install the latest version of Skype.

Paul