[access-uk] Re: Update to my drive space issue

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 12:02:23 -0000

Hi George - I did have some sighted help look at it a couple of days ago, and
to all intents and purposes, it appeared as if we were doing things correctly.

I had JFW on a pen drive, and chose custom install for the programme.

All I did under custom install, was to change the destination from the c drive,
to the d drive or partition, and according to my sighted help, that look to be
ok, but when I click the install button, I got a message telling me there
wasn't enough space on the chosen volumes, this was because it was trying to
install 133mb of JFW to the c drive, and just 27mb to the d drive. I've no idea
why it wanted to split the installation in this way, or why it wouldn't install
the whole programme to the d drive as selected. So, even with sighted help, I'm
stumped, and could do with some more ideas as to what I might do, I know I
could buy a programme such as Partition Magic, to increase the c drive from
it's meager 4gb, but am not convinced this will solve the problem, as I have
7gb of free space on the d partition, but this system is not allowing me to
install jfw to it. -

Andy