[access-uk] Re: Update on my hard drive issue

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 12:35:43 +0100

Hi James.

It sounds like you have a hardware problem, possibly a PCB failure in the drive itself. If this is a drive that has been installed in a caddy, you can replace the caddy which will solve the problem. If however the drive was sold packaged as an external drive, you'll need to contact the manufacturer and find out whether you can open the casing, remove the actual drive and then use your own equipment such as a caddy to retrieve the data off the disk.

All the best, Ibrahim.

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Scholes" <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>