[access-uk] Update on my NVDA/Windows 8.1 problems

  • From: "John Wilson" <j.wilson07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Access UK" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 14:07:13 -0000

Hello All,

thanks  to those who took the time to make suggestions in
respect of the above.

It turns out that I was using NVDA correctly (or trying to)
and the correct version of IE11. None of the suggestions
made any difference at all to how NVDA was working--in
short, it wasn't working.

I had a rest from it driving me up the wall for a couple of
days and then decided to try to get enough info from NVDA to
obtain and install another copy. After doing this,
everything is working as it should and it works fine. My
first installation had obviously been a corrupt one.

Hopefully, I will have no other problems now, over and above
any normal familiarisation ones associated with learning to
use a new screenreader.

Thanks to all.
John.s