[access-uk] Re: Uninstalling Mcafee question.

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:47:20 +0100

Hi Jim.

No, uninstalling Mcafee is very simple, all you need do is go in to the add
remove programs in control panel, find mcafee and then click change/remove.
The security centre will pop up asking you which components you'd like to
remove, ensure the check boxes for all installed components are checked and
then click remove.  You might be told that you still have a valid subscription,
just press yes to this prompt and it will start uninstalling for you.  Mcafee
leaves no trace on your system except log files and quarantined files in a
program folder under program files on your hard drive.  This is so that you can
either review or delete these at your leisure.

All the best, Ibrahim.