[access-uk] Re: Uninstalling Google Toolbars

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 13:48:14 +0000

hi tony. yep, they can block popup windows and can provide shortcuts to google's other services.

all the best,

Mo.

On 14/01/2015 13:01, Tony Sweeney wrote:
Just wondering that if one had subsequently been inadvertently installed then it's okay to uninstall, now I know the answer.

I presume that toolbars have other functions rather than the main Google function of search.

Thanks,

Tony
On 14/01/2015 12:23, Mobeen Iqbal wrote:
hi tony.

no, you can uninstall them. my point is that you do not have one installed, i checked when we last connected... if you go in to programs and features in control panel and press applications key on the google toolbar if it is installed, you can uninstall from there. google is your internet search provider which is different to the toolbar. if needs be, skype me and i'll explain...

Mo.

On 14/01/2015 12:16, Tony Sweeney wrote:
Hi,

Is it recommended to not install/uninstall Google toolbars as a screen reader user?

Cheers,

Tony
On 14/01/2015 11:54, martin wilsher wrote:
Add or remove programmes or programmes and features, then uninstall from there.