[access-uk] Re: Unified English Braille

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 16:07:25 +0100

Thanks for that enlightenment on what's going on with Braille reform these
days.  I am glad to hear its not too radical.  Sometimes I wonder whether
reforms should be driven by coding considerations translation program writers,
but if it is going to end up being more readible both on the page and on
refreshable displays, then I cannot work up much objection to what you have
said.

In fact, and maybe worth bringing up on the threads about NLB and the future of
reading for us VI people, I would most likely accept some sort of secure text
arrangement whereby I could rqead using soft Braille.  I'm certainly not in the
position where I could acquire, much less afford to buy, a braille
notetaker/display, but if somehow I could be helped to have the use of one,
then that would be the way to go for me.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx