[access-uk] Unabridged books for Christmas?

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 14:59:33 +0100

An unabridged book is something I wouldn't mind as a Christmas present, but how
many are there?  I've just bought one from the local BBC shop for £12.99, Andy
McNabb's Dark Winter.  Others by Andy McNabb and other authors are listed at:

http://www.talkingbooks.org/acatalog/Audio_Catalogue_BBC_Word_for_Word_2200.html

Another publisher, I cannot recall who, has made a John Grisham title available
too unabridged, which I've seen in more than one bookshop.  This one sells at
around £20.00.
The CD I've bought runs to some 12 hours or so, and I think the sort of price
I've paid is almost as close to the price for a paperback we are likely to get.
 I know of course that Audible is now operating in the UK, but I wonder if
anyone has come across other publishers of unabridged books in MP3 format.

Unabridged tapes are to be seen in very small numbers, and at very high prices,
and I doubt if anyone on this list would entertain cassette versions of
unabridged books now. So, just curious to know, much chance of a good selection
of unabridged titles for Christmas?  Never mind 'Before we die?'
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx