[access-uk] Re: Ultra Mobile PCs

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 21:42:07 +0100

I read on another mailing list, so I don't know how reliable this is, that getting Linux to talk on the Asus PCs was tricky. It apparently won't work as it comes out of the box - they were wanting to use it that way but ended up putting Windows XP on it with a screen reader. All I'm really saying is that if your going to buy an Asus EEE PC and plan to use Linux then do some research first to make sure something like Orca will work.

At 20:48 25/08/2008, you wrote:
Hi Steve what speech program can you use with Linux. I was told that Linux doesn't support the current market of speech programs.