[access-uk] Re: Ultra Mobile PCs

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 14:22:59 +0100

Saqid,

Further to the message below (written a little while back now), we have looked at the 4211 and quite like it, though they didn't have one ready for us to take away ... We also wanted to check a few things!

You said you'd try a demo of Jaws and I wonder if you have done this and how you found it worked?

I notice there is no CD slot and would like advise for anyone on the best way of installing Jaws without using the CD. Do you have to copy a disk image on to a memory stick, or something like that?

Hope we can get this sorted soon.

Thanks.

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Monday, August 25, 2008 12:56 PM (UK time), Saqib at saqib500@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

Hi Andy I have the Advent 4211 10 inch mini laptop. It has XP HOme
and 1GB RAM and 80 GB hard disk space. Battery life will be around 1
hour and 40 mins roughly. It has 3 USB ports and the fan vents are on
the left side. I run System Access which is my preferred screen
reader and I think Jaws will run nicely on the machine. I will run a
demo on the machine later to see if Jaws does run properly. This
laptop is for £279.99 from PC World and Currys. I'll let you know how
the Jaws experiment went. ----- Original Message -----