[access-uk] Re: Ubuntu linux.

  • From: "Darren Brewer" <darren.m.brewer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 12:04:17 -0000

Hi Andrew

A while back I downloaded Ubuntu and burned the ISO file to a CD, but never got around to trying it.

I have heard that there is accessible software built into Linux but don't know how to invoke it once Ubuntu has booted up.

Could you give a quick summary of what to do once you've booted up from the CD in order to get magnification and speech working.

What I would ultimately like to do is have a dual or maybe even a tri-boot system with XP, Vista and Linux. Probably a bit ambitious, but will be interesting to try.

Thanks in advance
Darren.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Ireland" <a.emaillists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>