[access-uk] Re: USING iPLAYER

  • From: "Gary Robinson" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "gary.r30" for DMARC)
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 15:57:01 +0100

Hi Carol,

I am presuming you are listening on a pC?

If you go to the categories tab and search down it for audio described and go into it,you will find the audio described version of the programme you want (always assuming it has AD).  You don't turn on Ad in the Iplayer itself, the AD is within the copy of the programme you select to stream.

I must admit it would be nice if you could turn on AD within the player so it automatically selected the AD version of the programme you selected rather than having to go to a distinct AD category.

Gary

On 11/10/2018 15:21, Carol Pearson (Redacted sender carol.pearson29 for DMARC) wrote:

Hi all.

For the first time ever I'm wanting to use iPlayer but the item I want to listen to has noAudio Description. How do I now turn it on before listening to a recording?

Carol P

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq