[access-uk] USER ACCOUNT CONTROL IN WINDOWS 7

  • From: "Kevin" <drewdog2060@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 10:57:00 +0100

Hi all,

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium and Jaws 11. I'm having problems in
configuring User Account Control. On clicking on settings I am presented with a
box showing different levels which do, I asume relate to the level of security
required by the user. However There is no explanation as to what this all means
and having looked at Microsoft Help I remain confused. Can anyone please advise
on how I configure UAC? I am tempted to turn it off or, if this is not possible
to put it on a low setting as I find with Zone Alarm (or similar) UAC is
unneccessary.

Many thanks,

Kevin