[access-uk] USEFUL FEATURE IN KINDLE APP

  • From: Ian Macrae <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BCAB Discussion List <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2014 12:05:52 +0000

Cross posting as I thought people on both lists would be interested in this.
Though ultimately it turns out to be not such good news for many blind people.
There's a very useful feature in the latest version of the Kindle IOS app.  At
the bottom left of the screen there's a line of text giving the remaining
duration of a book when it's being read by VO.  At the other side of the screen
that info is also given as a percentage.  Sadly, however, VO does not announce
this info when you touch it so it's only available if you can see it.  Shame
because it's something I'm sure many people would find useful.  ** To leave the
list, click on the immediately-following link:-