[access-uk] Re: USB/HDMI

  • From: "Hussein Patwa " <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 00:56:05 -0000

Hi,

From some general digging around it seems like it can be done and people are
doing it, but it seems to depend just as much on the chipset of the storage
device as on the adapters used for the connection.

One thing I'd suggest though (and I admit I didn't come up with the idea) is
that you could go and try it in the store where you want to buy your new
equipment.  Most decent stores will allow this - after all, it's in their
interest to have you as a happy customer.  If you bought it and they hadn't
let you make sure it would work beforehand, it would only backfire on the
seller.

Note this is more difficult with online retailers.  I suggest a visit to
Currys etc, where you can check things out in store.  Then price compare
online.

_______________________________________
Have a pleasant day,

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Hussein.

Hussein Patwa
Tel: 0789 47 595 62 (UK)
Tel: +44 (0)122 4433 954  (SIP)
Skype: patwaspotterfan2
GoogleTalk: thewanderingwriter
Web: www.patwanet.co.uk
My Blog: http://patwaspotterfan.livejournal.com

Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=510013486

Please note: For security reasons calls from witheld numbers may not be
connected.  Please release your number so it can be viewed prior to calling.
Contact your telephone service provider for advice on how to do this if
required.  All calls may be recorded for fact verification.

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or sensitive
information and are intended solely for the stated recipient(s).  Copying or
distribution in any form is not permitted without the prior consent of the
sender.  If you have received this message in error, please delete it and
any attachments from your system and notify the sender immediately.  Thank
you for your co-operation.

Protect our trees; Do not print unless absolutely necessary.  Save paper by
deleting sections of the message which are not relevant.