[access-uk] Re: USB TV Stick

  • From: "STEPHEN GREEN" <stephen.tina@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 19:53:36 -0000

Hi Barbara

I recently purchased the Hauppauge nova dual tuner stick from Amazon for 56
pounds.

It came with version 4.3 of WinTV, which was only partially accessible.
However, when my sighted Wife set some timer events, they failed to record the
programme - they just saved filenames with zero contents.

Hauppauge technical support said this was a known bug and sent me version 7.

This is totally inaccessible as the screens are entirely graphics based. My
Wife tried to enter a timed event and the program crashed.

Hauppauge say this is another bug and may be dealt with in a future update.

So my purchase is a total waste of money and I wouldn't touch them with a barge
pole.

Steve Green