[access-uk] USB SOUND CARD AND GOLDWAVE

  • From: "Pele West" <pele.west@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 14:52:20 +0000

Hi Everyone

1. Apologies for replying to a message, rather than starting a new thread.
This message has been rejected twice so far, but I managed to reply to another
message yesterday.  I have, as you will see, changed the subject line, but if
people are sorting by thread, this might lead to confusion.

2. Below is the message I tried to post yesterday. As I have now learned about
7digital, thanks to this list, it is even more important to me.

3. Also, does anyone have experience of Total Recorder.  According to the
Goldwave sight, this may be an alternative to recording with Goldwave.

Here is my previous message:

I know there is a list for Goldwave, and I know there is a PC Audio list, but I
am not on either of them at present, and hope someone may be able to help.

I know lots of people use Goldwave, so hope someone may be able to point me in
the right direction.

I am keen to record web streams and from cassettes using a deck plugged into
the PC. I have not been able to do this as my Soundblaster Live sound card
crackles when I record.  It sounds ok when I listen.

Recently I decided to by a Teratec Aureon 5.1 USB soundcard in the hope this
would cure the problem, but I cannot get Goldwave to record from it.

When I go to the Volume tab in the Goldwave Properties and select USB Audio, I
do not have all the options I had before.

I have read the meaningless manual and looked at the Teratec website to no
avail.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Pele West