[access-uk] Re: USB & HDMI?

  • From: Jonathan H <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 16:38:40 +0100

VGA is the kind of rectangular socket on your laptop you used to plug
a monitor in.
HDMI is the output you require for your new monitor or television (I
guess?) which presumably doesn't have a VGA input (some do, though).
An adaptor is something that adapts on thing to another.
Hence a VGA to HDMI adaptor provides an HDMI output from the VGA socket.

Was that what you meant?