[access-uk] Re: USB CONNECTORS

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 14:44:33 -0000

Hi Ian,

Basically, with USB cables one end is flat, the other end is
square.  Usually, the flat end goes into to the sending
device, such as the PC.  The square end goes in to the
device, such as a printer, digital camera, or in your case a
BookCourier.

However be warned, not all USB cables are alike, though it
is usually at the square end, where the connection can be
large or small.  (The BC uses a small one.)

As regards the "hub", what was is designed for?  It sounds
like you might have a USB Network hub, used to connect PCs
together, as opposed to one which allows 1 USB port from a
PC to supply 4 devices.

George.